In an old 19th century factory, spools of yarn and looms tell the story of a bolt of fabric, from raw material to the finished product.
In the heart of the Haut-Languedoc Regional Natural Park, the museum bears witness to the flourishing activity that characterized the textile industry which animated the Thoré valley, in the south of the Tarn.
Housed in a former factory, you can see the different stages of making woolen fabric, a specialty of the valley, as well as the dyeing and knitting techniques that underpin the reputation of the south Tarn. Spinning, weaving, finishing, dyeing: demonstrations will transport you back to the region’s golden age, when the noise of the shuttles marked the rhythm of daily life in the village.
Musée départemental du Textile (Local Textile History)
Rue de la Rive
81270 Labastide-Rouairoux 05 63 98 08 60
- Full price : 6 €
- Reduced price : 4 €
- Free : For those under 18, 1st Sunday of each month from March to November
For the general public :
- From March 1 to June 30: open every day from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (except Mondays)
- From July 1 to August 31: open every day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- From September 1 to November 30: open every day from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (except Mondays)
- January, February and December: closed
Guided tours at 2:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. – Additional guided tours at 10.30 a.m. from July 1 to August 31.
Group visits (by appointment only) :
- From January 3 to the end of February and from December 1 to December 23: Tuesday to Friday
- From March 1 to June 30 and from November 2 and from September 1 to November 30: every day except Monday
- From July 1 to August 31: every day
Closed: 1 May, 1 November and from 24 December to 2 January