The Upper Gallery offers a tour of 3 galeries of Italian paintings from the 14th to 18th centuries (Bassano, Lelio Orsi, Fontata, Andea della Robbia), then the Rotunda in homage to collectors, 3 galleries of Flemish and Dutch paintings from the 16th and 17th centuries (Rubens, Fabritius, Coeke, Duck). Also, the Lower Gallery displays 3 rooms of French paintings from the 17th to the 19th centuries (JF deTroy, Subleyras, Sigalon, Delaroche), and Provençal landscapers (Loubon, Grésy, Valtat , Seyssaud, Chabaud).
The whole of the vast Atrium, develops around the Roman mosaic of the “Marriage of Admète” an evocation of themes arise from Antiquity, and presents the large paintings of the cycle of “The History of Marc-Antoine and Cleopatra”, by the painter Charles Natoire in the middle of the 18th century.
Musée des beaux-arts de Nîmes (Fine Arts)
rue de la Cité-Foulc
30000 Nîmes 04 66 76 71 82
- Full price : €5
- Reduced price: €3
- Audioguide : €2 (available in french, spanish, italian, spanish and simplified version – ID on deposit.
- Conferences : free
- Workshops for children or adults : €5
- Children course (3 days) : €15
- Guided tour ; €3
- Show/concert : €5
- Tuesday to Friday : 10am-6pm
- Saturday and Sunday : 10am-6.30pm
Closed the 1st January, 1st May, 1st November and 25 December
- Located 5 minutes from the central Nîmes station
- 5 minutes from the Arènes City center parking
- 5 minutes from the T1 and T2 Trambus Esplanade