The museum is currently closed to the public
The museum was founded in 1926 in a little castle built in 1772 by Marc François Bertrand de Lassus-Nestier. In 1922, the Julien Sacaze Society set out to preserve the varied resources of the Hautes Vallées du Comminges area, and to keep the local way of life and mountain traditions alive through the creation of a museum exclusively dedicated to Luchon.
The numerous collections include:
- the ethnology collection put together by Louis Saudinos who amassed one of the most extensive collections of tools and ancient objects in the Midi region of France
- the Julien Sacaze collection is made up of archaeological specimens found in the Luchon region.
- the Bertrand de Gorsse collection offers an ensemble of lithographs, drawings and prints of the Comminges
- the Alban Rougé collection of winter sports memorabilia
- the LEZAT map.
Musée du Pays de Luchon (Local History)
18 Allées d’Étigny
31110 Bagnères-de-Luchon 05 61 79 29 87