ATTENTION : All of the following information has been provided by the museum. For the moment, they are unable to publish their events calendar online. We therefore suggest that you contact the museum directly for further information.
Starting in 1964, excavations on the Montségur mountain have unearthed significant archaeological furnishings. The museum’s collection is largely based on these finds. A large arsenal of arrowheads, dating from the 1243-1244 Montségur siege, everyday objects like pitchers, knives, coins, dice, belt buckles can all be found in the display cases along with accompanying models that chart the history of the château and the story behind the Cathar cult in the Ariège.
Musée historique et archéologique de Montségur (History and Archeology)
Mairie de Montségur - 32 rue du village
09300 Montségur 05 61 01 06 94
Museum – Self guided visits :
- Adults : €2.50
- Child 8-15 years : €1.50
- Children under 8 years : free
Guided Tours :
- School groups : €4.50
- Adult groups : €6.50
Rates for groups of 20 or more: 2€ adult / 1€ : 8-15 years
Open from 1st March to 31 October.
Closed on Monday.
- January – February : closed
- March : From Wednesday to Sunday : 2pm-5pm
- April : From Wednesday to Sunday : 2pm-6pm
- May – June : From Wednesday to Sunday : 2pm-6pm
- July-August : From Wednesday to Sunday : 10am-1pm and 2pm-7pm
- September : From Wednesday to Sunday : 2pm-6pm
- October: : From Thuesday to Sunday : 2pm-6pm
- November – December : Closed
Low season : for information call 05 61 01 06 94 or 05 61 01 10 27
- Guided tours for a minimum of 20 people can be booked by contacting :
- Tel.: 05 61 01 06 94 ou 05 61 01 10 27 / Fax 05 61 03 11 27
- Email. : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smaller groups can book a guided tour but will be charged based on the 20 person minimum rate.
For further information : http://www.montsegur.fr/chateau-et-musee/periodes-douvertures/
- Accessibility for people with reduced mobility is restricted to the ground floor