In the heart of a fortified castle that has been part of the Lourdes landscape since the eleventh century, the Pyrenean Museum was created in 1921 under the auspices of Louis and Margalide Le Bondidier.
Passionate about their homeland, they put together collections connected to the history and mountain culture of the Spanish-Franco Pyrenees dating from the eighteenth century to the beginning of the twentieth century. Their motto for the creation of this vast regional museum was “no stone left unturned in the Pyrenees”.
The diversity of Pyrenean cultures can be found in its native costumes, furniture, burial customs, farming techniques and animal husbandry as well as its craft traditions.
The decorative arts, with a superb assembly of Samadet ceramics and the examples of religious art including altarpieces and baroque statues enrich these collections.
Château fort - 25, rue du Fort
65100 Lourdes 05 62 42 37 37
- Adults : €7.50
- Children under 6 years old : free
- Children 6-17 years old and students: €3.50
- General Admission adults (15 people or more) : €6
- Guided Adult visit (15 people or more) : €7
- General Admission School visit : €2
- Guided School Visit : €3
Family ticket :
- 2 adults and 1 child between 6 and 17 years €16
additional child supplement : €3.50
Other rates : consult our website www.chateaufort-lourdes.frGroup rates
- From 2/01 to 14/04 : 10am-1pm and 2pm-6pm from Tuesday to Sunday (and Mondays during school holidays)
- From 15/04 to 14/10 : 10am-1pm and 2pm-7pm daily
- From 15/10 to 31/12 : 10am-1pm and 2pm-6pm from Tuesday to Sunday (and Mondays during school holidays)
Closed 1 January, 1 and 11 November and 25 December
Ticket office shuts an hour before the site closes
- Located in the city center of Lourdes
- Paid and free nearby parking.