ATTENTION : All of the following information has been provided by the museum. For the moment, they are unable to publish their events calendar online. We therefore suggest that you contact the museum directly for further information.
The world’s largest collection of paintings by Pierre Soulages
Built by the Catalan architects RCR, the museum holds the world’s largest collection of paintings by Pierre Soulages who was born in Rodez in 1919.
In 2005 and then in 2012, Colette and Pierre Soulages made huge donations of more than 500 works to the museum. Paintings on canvas, precious, early, post-war walnut stain works, an entire series of engravings (etchings, lithographs, silkscreens) bronzes, and sketches for the stained glass windows in Conques. The museum’s collection covers the whole of Soulages’ work.
The mission of the museum is to show the connection between Soulages’ work and the creative artistic process.
In keeping with the wishes of Pierre Soulages, the 500m2 temporary exhibition space is dedicated to other modern and contemporary artists. Alongside the Soulages collection, the museum offers a series of nationally and internationally acclaimed temporary exhibitions.
Jardin du Foirail, avenue Victor Hugo
12000 Rodez 05 65 73 82 60
Single ticket (valid 1 month) access to museums Soulages and Fenaille
- Full price : €11
- Reduced price : €7 (disabled visitors and carers, holders of a museum partner ticket : Toulouse Lautrec museum (Albi), Fabre museum (Montpellier), Ingres Bourdelle museum (Montauban), Tresor de Conques…)
- Free : under 18 years, students, unemployed, benefit holders, OAP’s, tour guides, press pass holders, Icom card holders, Icomos, employees of French museums, artist members of the Maison des Artistes, donors
- €25, Unlimited access to 3 museums Soulages, Fenaille et Denys-Puech
September to June :
- Tuesday-Friday : 10am-1pm / 2pm-6pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am-6pm
July and August :
- Daily : 10am-6pm