In the first place, Cuzals is a hamlet that was completely transformed in 1920 to become a modern agricultural property and then a museum. Over 20 hectares of limestone land, you will find rural dwellings and farm buildings from different eras.
The collections that are on display aim to describe rural life and the profound changes that the farmers from the Lot lived through from the beginning of the nineteenth century through to the mid-twentieth century. The reconstructions and model houses with their furniture and domestic objects help evoke the simple and industrious country life.
But the unique aspect of these collections is the fact that they are not merely static souvenirs or disused craft studios of a bygone era. In Cuzals, the clogs are made by hand, the steam powered Clayton thresher and antique tractors work the land and bees buzz through the orchards.
The Ecomusée Museum offers daily activities (guided walks) craft demonstrations aimed at all ages as well as theme Sundays featuring activities and workshops.
Ecomusée de Cuzals (Ecomuseum)
46330 Sauliac-sur-Célé 05 65 31 36 43
Unaccompanied visit :
- Full price : €5
- Reduced price: €2.50 groups of 10 people and over, disabled visitors
Free for :
- children under 26
- Pass Culture holders, Occ’ygène card holders
- school groups, disabled people and their carers
- job seekers, unemployed
- ICOM card holders
- Journées du Patrimoine (Heritage Days)
- 1st Saturday of the month
Guided tour :
- by reservation only, led by a qualified member of the museum staff
- the 1h30 tour allows groups to explore the museum on their own at the end.
- Full price : €6 per person
Open from 3 May to 1 October 2023 :
- 3 May-30 June : from Wednesday to Sunday from 2pm-6pm
- July and August : daily from 10.30am-6.30pm, closed on Mondays. Tuesdays 13, 20, 27 July and all Tuesdays during August : 2.pm-9.pm
- September : from Wednesday to Sunday from 2pm-6pm
Throughout the rest of the year, group tours by reservation.
Recommended length of visit: 1/2 day to one day
- Between Cahors and Figeac via the D41 (in the valley),
- 7km from Cabrerets, in the commune of Sauliac-sur-Célé.
- Free shaded parking on site (cars, buses, bicycles)
- Shaded picnic area
- June-October : Light snacks available
- Animals on a lead permitted